• my stamp dictionary

    I've been making cards for about a year now and my stamp collection has grown to crazy proportions! Some girls want handbags, some want shoes.. I LOVE stamps and other crafting things and I MUST HAVE them! I finally figured out how I can reference my stamps relatively quickly and it'll help me remember what I have in my stash. I made a sort of stamp dictionary. The closest example I've seen of this style is here on the sweet stamp shop blog in a post by Colie Kumar. I've come across quite a few examples of organizing but this project was more for my own ease of reference than full on organizing (because right now, most of my stamps are just in a bin ~ LOL).
    I started by printing the stamp images on paper and cutting them out. Then adhering the printed images onto 4x6 journaling cards. I keep them all together with a binder ring in the upper left corner of the book. I have stamps from the same brand all together but not alphabetized or anything (maybe I should do that?).
    I created a cover card with the list of categories I most likely would reference when digging through the book looking for just the right stamps for my project. I had a set of colored thin washi tapes from Michaels and used those as the reference colors for each topic. Every reference card has whatever colored washi tabs are related to the topics on that stamp set. This totally came in handy during my card party!


    Stamp brands I have:
    Paper Smooches, Stamps of Life, Avery Elle, Simon Says Stamp, Winnie & Walter, Papertrey Ink, Crafter's Companion, Hero Arts, Sweet Stamp Shop, Altenew, Wplus9, Penny Black, Some Odd Girl, Lawn Fawn, KaiserCraft, Technique Tuesday, Stampin' Up, Unity Stamp Co, Mama Elephant, Studio Calico, Studio L2e, Pink Paislee, Stampendous, Impression Obsession

    0 comments → my stamp dictionary