• Day 2 insider class - acetate!

    Another card based on lessons and inspiration from day 2s insider class.

    Super cute! I'm not brave enough to do plaid patterns yet but these stripes turned out cute! And the acetate window is really nice. I would definitely try this again. I also need to figure out how to keep the acetate cover from lifting. I'm sure it was mentioned in the tutorial. I think i just need to move the inside piece down a tiny bit away from the acetate fold. 


    Here's the inside. I need to work on my alignment with repeatable stamps but I'll figure it out! The stamps also turned out a little incomplete when I stamped them. But it looks sorta aged (also bc apparently I didn't clean the stamps enough between colors) so it's certainly interesting. Me likey! 



    4 comments → Day 2 insider class - acetate!

    1. I am so glad you tried this card. I really want to but have been hesitant. Thanks for sharing your looks great.

    2. Thanks Tracy! You should try it ~ I've never used acetate on a card before (I didn't even really start making handmade cards until about a month ago so I'm new to it all!) but it went just fine. I have transparencies that are normally used for overhead presentations which worked great and it's probably cheaper than buying the precut cards. I also don't have a die cutter or craft dies (yet) so I couldn't do a fancy border. Still ok with me!

    3. Reading your comment above, I can't believe you have only JUST started making cards. The two I've seen are brilliant. Your stripes are great. I have stamped these stripes like this (patchy) and it gives a nice effect. If you want to get them to be solid, you can stamp them multiple times using a stamp-a-ma-jig (or lego blocks, or similar, in an L shape if you don't have one). Laura Bassen has a tutorial somewhere on how to stamp plaid (outside of the Insider class) which I found really useful. I don't think you need much teaching though, your stripes and acetate card turned out fabulous.

    4. Thank you so much, Michelle! (Great name, btw ^_-) I saw the DIY stampamajig with lego blocks! I need to make one. I just can't justify spending money on one right now. lol. I'll have to dig up that tutorial by Laura - she's hilarious! Thanks for the suggestion! I LOVE watching tutorial videos. Admittedly, this isn't my first time working with paper. Cards are new to me but I did start Project Life this year (which is slow going considering I'm in love with card making!) and about 10 yrs ago, I'd been doing 12x12 scrapbook layouts for about 6 months - couldn't get myself to be creative enough to fill 12x12 pages and pretty much gave up on that! But cards are an amazing amount of immediate gratification in a tiny package. I LOVE it!