• microbeads!

    My sister has requested another bundle of cards for her to use so I've done this once before where I made a bunch. They're mostly prototype-ish to try out new techniques and styles and oftentimes they're one offs. It's a great chance for me to play with designs then decide if I want to repeat making the design or if a particular design was just a one time deal. Maybe the design is too complicated or just plain ugly (this has happened a few times -_-)

    This is one of the cards that I started with after seeing another card-maker (can't recall who) using punches to make cutouts - essentially using the negative space instead of the positive for the card. I went one step further and made it into a shaker card. I put a circle of adhesive foam around each of the flowers I punched and added different colored microbeads to each flower punch.

    I love how fun this card turned out and I'd probably do it again. I'm in love with these microbeads! I've only used microbeads on my fingernails for nail art so when I started seeing them released as craft supplies, I didn't know what to do with them. But I think they're great for shaker cards! I think my sister will be happy with this one. She mentioned that she used some of the congrats cards I gave her before for birthdays also. "Let's Celebrate" is great for all occasions!
       

    Punches: Stampin Up - Itty Bitty Punch PackPetite Petals
    Microbeads: Martha Stewart - Kunzite/Amethyst, Tourmaline, Fire Opal
    Stamp:  Papersmooches - Sentiment Sampler

    0 comments → microbeads!