• Andrew's Birthday

    My nephew Andrew just celebrated his 15th birthday! Here he is with his big sister Hailey. Love these kids <3
    This is the masculine-est/hippest/coolest/gamer-est/coolest card I could come up with for a young teen boy. Contents: CASH! So what better thing to make for him than a money envelope with money inside for a kid whose obsession with socks might be finally waning and he might want something besides Nike Elite Dri-fit socks in every color available for his birthday or Christmas. It's literally just an envelope pocket with money inside. Full of win, basically.

    I used my score board to score a 7x7 piece of paper to make the inner flap (to hold the money) + the outer flap (to cover the money). I didn't take a picture of the inside, but the inner flap is about an inch wide. Then I die cut the outer flap with the curved edge die from Simon Says Stamp. I trimmed up a piece of chalkboard art paper from my 6x6 Boys Rule paper pad from Crate Paper to add to the envelope which (by some miracle) fit this whole thing perfectly. I cut a small khaki piece of paper for the tag and used a curve edge punch on the top. Used 2 different sized hole punches to make the hole reinforcer. Stamped and cut the Happy Birthday label using Alpha Tabs from Sweet Stamp Shop. Then for some interest, cut some cassettes from a printed sheet in the Boys Rule pad. and glued them on the tag. Tied it all up with bakers twine. Masculine and NOT boring! WOOHOOO!! I feel pretty confident that this is my best masculine card so far. And it isn't really a card, I know. But still... I dig it ^_-

    Stamps: Sweet Stamp Shop - Alpha Tabs
    Paper: Crate Paper - Boys Rule

    0 comments → Andrew's Birthday