• I want candy

    After the weekend at Scrapbook Expo, I definitely had a hankerin' to start using my new stuff. I got the candy2share set from Stamps of Life by Stephanie Barnard. It's too cute and I couldn't resist. I bought the stamp set and the matching dies. Honestly, I could live without the dies since the die set is 2 of the round candies and 2 of the long candies (4 total). I suppose you have 2 of each for speed/convenience? But I also wasn't super fond of the fit of the dies. I think they're too big for the stamp. I can fussy-cut the shapes better - and you have to fussy-cut the gumdrops anyway since you just get the round and long candies. Oh well. I was so caught up at the booth from all the cuteness. 
     
    For these 2 cards, I embossed the background with sizzix embossing folders then blended distress inks using a blending sponge. Look! I did a background ASKEW! haha~ I'm a stickler for things being lined up so this was a challenge for me (like it is every time I attempt a skewed background).
    Stamps/Dies: Stamps of Life - candy2share
    Embossing folders: Sizzix - Smile, Sizzix - Polka Dots

    0 comments → I want candy