• OCC: Holiday 2013 - day 1 pt 2

    Long day at work.. And I just wanted to make a card. I haven't finished the inside yet. I don't have any embossing folders (or even a die cutting machine yet! *waiting for Christmas*) so I went with the SSS diagonal stripes stencil and Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste and masked off the area where I put the washi tape. The cat stamp was longer than I thought (I don't have many Christmas stamps) which made or little to no room for a sentiment. So instead of putting a sentiment on the front, I'll put it on the inside.  I probably went overkill with textures and colors on this! And of course, I painted kitty to look like my Mini. 


    Yeah, this is my Mini girl :)


    6 comments → OCC: Holiday 2013 - day 1 pt 2

    1. Necessity is the mother of invention, and a lot of great serendipitous stuff, too, your card being one example! Love that you created your own dimensional stripes using a stencil, and I think taking up the whole flat space with your cute kitty is fine! Makes the recipient curious to see what's inside!

    2. Well I love what you've done here, the stripes fooled me - they look like an embossing folder was involved and your cat stamp (and real cat) are both adorable, I love how you got the texture of her colouring on your focal image. I am so loving this class - it's my first and I'm learning so much already!

    3. Love your card ! and love cats too (I 've two cats).

    4. You're so right! And I just did what I could with what I had and it worked out fine. Thank you!

    5. Thank you, Karen~ I'm in love with Kristina's kitty stamp designs from SSS (because then I can selfishly paint all of them to look like my cat...). This is my 2nd OCC and it's as great as the first one - learning so much! I'm so glad you're enjoying it too!

    6. Thank you! Kitties are the best, aren't they? I was considering getting a 2nd cat, but Mini might hate me for it ^_-