• OCC: Holidays 2013 - day 2 - die cut inlay

    Day 2 class included a lesson on  Layered Die Cut Inlay. I didn't have much time as I had dinner with my family then met up with Teresa for some Michael's browsing (PL albums were buy 1 get 1 free!). By the time I got home it was 9pm and I finished the 4 card fronts below (I should do more stamping and more sparkles...) by 11:15pm.  I really just wanted to try the technique. But how to do it without craft dies... *ponder ponder*

    Once again, I have to get creative with my card making because I don't have a die cutter yet. I used my silhouette to cut out various shapes: 
    • trees/house and snowflake are from Birds Cards Xmas Cut Files
    • "joy" is text I welded together
    I cut the design from 4 sheets of different colored cardstock and proceeded to put the puzzles back together! Because I did it this way, and didn't have time to figure out how to layer the cuts in the silhouette software in a clean way, I didnt actually layer the elements. They're all independent..

    I haven't even had the chance to trim and put these on cards yet. I'd like to probably add some small embellishments and/or glitters. These were more just a chance to try out the technique that Jennifer McGuire showed in class. I actually enjoyed putting these together because I like puzzles and I like meticulous detail type of work. I know.. I'm weird.

    A side shot of the first card front to show how flat this card is. SO COOL! Also, I think I need a new blade for my silhouette... the snowflake cuts were a bit fuzzy.


    6 comments → OCC: Holidays 2013 - day 2 - die cut inlay