• OCC holidays 2013: day 5 - his/her cards

    Today's lesson made me so eager to go home to try all of the techniques! I'm so happy with the results!
    In the 2 cards I made tonight, I attempted the masculine version of the cards by Debby and Laura. I'll work on the feminine ones tonight after work.

    Like Debby, I used the Wendy Vecchi embossing paste in white for the branch then coated it with Ranger silver embossing powder. Although now I wonder what happens when I heat up the embossing paste in silver. The texture of the paste is different: silver is smooth and white is sort of fluffy and slightly gritty.
    I'll have to try it! I do love the way the white paste puffed up! I actually did that once before on accident while being impatient and trying to dry the white paste faster with my heat gun.

    I also used the snowflake cut pattern from Birds Cards on my silhouette and coated it in Ranger Silver embossing powder. The rhinestone is from My Mind's Eye.

    The "MERRY" (which I stamped crooked!) is from Lawn Fawn Milo's ABCs set and the "Christmas" is a masked off sentiment stamp from Stampendous set Christmas Wishes.




    I'm so in love with this online card class! It was only $20 and TOTALLY worth it!
    http://onlinecardclasses.com/hcw13

    2 comments → OCC holidays 2013: day 5 - his/her cards

    1. I'm sure the recipient of this card will love it!

    2. Your card is gorgeous -- don't worry about stamping something crooked...I do that all the time and just take the picture at an angle.