• OCC - Clean and Simple 3: masking & ink layering


    http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/CS3


    Day 3 is about Optical Illusions - FUN!

    I love this design/style even more than I'd anticipated. It's so versatile and playful! I followed Laura Bassen's masked and circle stamp idea. And I'm always happy if I can make cards that are masculine-ish b/c that's the hardest for me. The 1" post-it tape is so handy for masking off a border like this. Ill have to try some bigger dies and some masking sheets (which I have yet to buy - as if i need to shop more!).

    I cheated a bit b/c I messed up doing this straight on the card. So I stamped it all on a separate sheet that I can mount on a card. AND of course right when I'm about to finish, I realized there was a big ol' nasty smudge at the bottom of the card in the white space. I used a blade to sort of scratch off the surface but it's a bit fuzzy now. So I think I'll end up trimming the card front down to have a white space around the inked area and mount it on a Kraft card. I didn't think of that until this morning so I haven't had a chance to do it yet since I took this picture last night.


    Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Lots of Dots & Life is a Journey, Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday - Fun Flair 
    Inks: Ranger Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Bundled Sage, Iced Spruce; Versacolor - Laurel Leaf, Mountain Lake, Blue Smoke; Avery Elle - Lemongrass, Sea Glass; Hero Arts - black dye ink

    1 comments → OCC - Clean and Simple 3: masking & ink layering

    1. It looks beautiful in the photo--not a smudge in sight! Love your color combination. This class has some great techniques, doesn't it.
      Merrit